Powered by Blogger.

odds and ends...but LOVELY.

Hello My  Lovelies,

OK,  here comes my second post (oh dear! Out of sheer joy, I'll be counting my posts for a while so please bear with me... )

Zurich is a great city. You might not think it when you see it, but this city has many exciting secrets that are well kept by those who have ventured deep into its heart. I have often found myself walking down a little alleyway and ending up in a beautiful inner courtyard seemingly miles away from the hustle and bustle of the lively main street.
I believe that if you really want to see Zurich, you must really open your eyes and look. Consciously choose side streets and roads you have never walked down before. My experience is that you will be rewarded!
This is not only true for the cobblestoned alleyways in the old town. Also the surrounding districts have much for you to discover if you avoid the main roads and shopping areas.

So, it was a couple of weeks ago I discovered these adorable little guides for secondhand shopping in Zurich. The covers are made of colorful wallpaper or vintage fabric. Each copy is unique. They take you on a tour to all the great secondhand shops in the City. The location of each store is listed along with opening times, a detailed list of supplies and a personal comment from the authors. The blue printed illustrations of the shops give it a very special charm. They are printed in German ( I don't think English copies are available...) and can be ordered here.

How pretty is the apple wallpaper and the check-design fabric?
Each shop is located on the map. SO easy to find! 




Even as a Zurich girl, I know I am going to get a lot of use out of these funky guides.  Next opportunity I get, I'll be on my bicycle, ticking off the stores as I go. And I'm sure I'll find some pretty thingamajig that will increase my joy of finding these guides. WHOOP WHOOP!

xxx
much love & take care









Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All the images I feature here belong to home.town.treasure unless otherwise stated.
Please inform me if you wish to use them.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP