Powered by Blogger.

Inspiration: cori kindred.

Hellohello,


Here's another post about a lovely lady photographer from Portland,Oregon, Cori Kindred.

Oh yes, how I admire her. For my part I need not explain much. It's obvious to me why I fell in love with her work the moment I saw it.
I especially enjoy her many collections of polaroids featured either on her homepage, journal/blog or flickr page 


Here'e a taste of the world seen through her lens:



Not only does she have an unerring eye for colours, moods and those little but enchanting moments (I sooooo often romanticise about, I know....!I can't help it!) but each picture seems just right. It's as if time stands still for a brief moment and let's her take those delicate portraits of life...in all its shapes and forms.

Maybe that’s why polaroids in general are wonderful in my view. You release the shutter and moments later the picture develops in your hand, untouched, just the way you or the circumstances wanted it to be.
So the question of how far you can/should go to control the outcome of a photograph is very interesting to me. I do not believe manipulating the surroundings will guarantee the desired effects. That’s my experience with polaroids, at least (and I have many polaroids yet to take...)and that's the fun part as well. But with growing experience and knowledge of the camera, the film and of how it reacts to different light and angles, I could imagine polaroids are an art you can master or turn into your own signature area. 

I think Cori has. And what an inspiration she is. 


Photography is not her only field of talent. She also collects vintage objects and creates little works of art using them in adorable ways.  Some of her treasures are for sale in her shops.




.

What a joy!! 

xxx
Td. 

cori  – (October 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM)  

oh wow, what an amazing post. i'm blushing so hard right now :) thank you so much tara!!

Tara Dale / home.town.treasure.  – (October 29, 2010 at 3:11 AM)  

yaaay! guess how happy I am about your comment? :)

I truly admire your work and am so thankful to people like you who are such a rich source of inspiration to little beginners like me...

all the best!!!!

jen v  – (October 29, 2010 at 5:40 PM)  

What a lovely post! I too am an admirer of Cori's work and her impeccable eye for color. I am lucky enough to call her my friend. She inspires me every time we hang out together.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All the images I feature here belong to home.town.treasure unless otherwise stated.
Please inform me if you wish to use them.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP