Powered by Blogger.

Inspiration: Sigur Rós.

I have become a big fan of Sigur Rós. The Icelandic band always manages to lure me into a mystical world of hauntingly beautiful & delicate yet powerful songs. Unfortunately, I can't understand the lyrics as they are (mostly) in Icelandic. But, for me, the songs that are underlined by this lyrical language speak for themselves.


The lead vocalist, a guitarist Jón “Jónsi” Þór Birgisson, has also pursued a solo-career and launched his debut album "Go" at the beginning of 2010. Also a musical delight...I can only recommend it.

Here I would like to share a music video by Sigur Rós for the song "glósóli" which can be translated as "glowing sun"/"bright sun".
It is a work of art, in every way: the music, the story, the cinematography. I have watched it over and over and simply love the feel this video has to it.
The video is directed by the Icelanders, arni & kinski, and features a cast of Icelandic children. The kids simply amaze me. They are so sincere and gorgeous. I read that the viedo shoot was very tough due to the harsh Icelandic weather, and even dangerous at times. What a job the band, cast & crew did...

(make sure you enlarge for watching!)


...stunning. 

If you are interested there are lots of interesting facts about the band, the songs, the Icelandic culture & language and also more videos on their homepage.

much love,
Td.


carly  – (October 30, 2010 at 12:11 PM)  

What a beautiful, peaceful song. I just stumbled across your blog and love it already. Can't wait to read more! carly

Tara Dale / home.town.treasure.  – (November 2, 2010 at 2:00 PM)  

hello carly, thank you for your kind words!! means alot! isn't it just great? So much room for fantasy & thoughts...

all the best
x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All the images I feature here belong to home.town.treasure unless otherwise stated.
Please inform me if you wish to use them.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP