Powered by Blogger.

Photography: back to yesteryear.

I spent my morning wandering about the flea market. One of my favourite things to do on a Saturday...

Fortunately I came across some lovely treasures. But I'm usually not in a buying-mode. I also love to just look... 

I found a couple of wonderful old holiday albums with beautiful photographs ( dated back to 1940’s till about 1960’s). I stood there for at least 30 minutes skimming through the pages and diving into the visual stories that had carefully been pasted into these wonderful albums. Even some delicately preserved swiss alpine flowers had been pasted amongst the prints. Simply gorgeous. 

I wish I knew with what these snaps were taken... I just can't get enough of analog photography. The soft colors and interesting contrasts, the unpredictability... 


I didn't buy any of the albums as they were a bit to pricey (my bargaining was unsuccessful!) but I'm glad I was able to have a good long look!


lovelovelove,
Td.







Anonymous –   – (October 10, 2010 at 12:01 AM)  

That is exactly the problem with analog photography. People say they like it, but not enough to pay the price ;-)

Seriously, more than the colors and other things that you mention, people back then took time to take the images. That pays back, also with digital. But, once more, this is another thing that most people are not willing to invest.

Nice images on that album

Tara Dale / home.town.treasure.  – (October 10, 2010 at 7:40 AM)  

Hello!
Thanks for your thoughts!
Unfortunately my being a student won't allow me to buy everything I would like... That will change I hope!

You're very right about the time aspect. It's become a fast moving world, as we all know. But fortunately there are still many people out there who still appreciate the art of slowing down and capturing those fleeting moments that otherwise pass us by...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All the images I feature here belong to home.town.treasure unless otherwise stated.
Please inform me if you wish to use them.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP