Powered by Blogger.

Inspiration: trees. 1 million trees.


So here's an idea: how about making your blog CO2-neutral? You might be thinking the same thing I was when I heared that slogan: "CO2-neutral? Blah blah! How?"
Well, I now know that there is a way. Whether it will make a significant difference to our serious climate situation I do not assume to know. Also, I am not trying to spread my opinion about any environmental issues here. 

You might have noticed the button in my sidebar that states:"my blog is carbon neutral". The project is called: "Machs grün! - Gemeinsam 1 Million Bäume retten!" ( "Make it green! - Together we will save 1 million trees!") The people behind this project have initiated many different projects. One of them is directed at us, the bloggers:


"Make your blog carbon neutral! For free!
Being part of the initiative “My blog is carbon neutral” is an active contribution to help the environment! All you have to do iscarbon-neutral-white-125x125 described here. Make it happen - make it green!
“My blog is carbon neutral” is an initiative, originally started in Germany by the “Make it green” programme, that has the goal to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. We plant a tree for your blog and thereby neutralise your blog’s carbon footprint for the next 50 years! Everyone can make a small contribution to the environment. Every tree counts!"

My next thought was: "It's that simple?" 

And it is! I think it's a very good idea. I don't want to fool myself into believing and pretending I'm a super-greeny simply by decorating my side bar with a pretty button. But it's these ideas & projects that try to promote a different attitude and maybe point out that you CAN make a little difference. And not far from you a little tree will be planted, will grow and make the air just a tiny bit cleaner. So hip-hip-hurray to all the people behind this idea.  

Surely, no harm can be done by planting a tree. 

You can find out more about the programme & how to make your blog carbon neutral on the website.

(green)lovelovelove,
Td.

Jasmin  – (November 17, 2010 at 1:59 AM)  

wow super, müssen wir auch umsetzen!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All the images I feature here belong to home.town.treasure unless otherwise stated.
Please inform me if you wish to use them.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP