Powered by Blogger.

The moment of epiphany that changed EVERYTHING.



Hello Lovelies, 

This post is pure excitement for me and I've been anticipating the moment to share it with you for a while now!!(Please excuse the length of this post but I had trouble limiting my joy!)
I am standing before a rather large (physical) change that has been affecting every aspect of my life lately. 

Here's the thing: 

Round about a year ago, I gradually & painfully had to admit to myself that I was heading down a career path my heart could not follow. I felt lost and, in a sense, empty when I thought about my future. The only thing I felt sure about was that I needed a serious change. It only hit me a couple of months later that during all my contemplation and searching, I had not considered one option that could mean the ultimate change in every way: to actually leave the country. 
And so there it was: a pretty crazy idea that had captured my fantasy & motivation. Since that moment of epiphany, the idea has slowly but surely turned into an alarmingly ( in a good sense..)close reality. And it's all happening this spring. I am packing up my Swiss life and exchanging it for a couple of years in Sydney, Australia. 
The most amazing part is that I will be reunited with my older sister, Shannon Rae. She has lived there for six full years now and is currently working on her acting career. But what is little me going to do "down under"? 
Well, for starters: finally get my driving license (on the WRONG side of the road! HELP!) and then, follow my heart & passion... meaning, I have summed up all my courage and am currently in the process of enrolling at COFA Sydney to do a "Bachelor of Fine Arts". This is a daring and rather uncharacteristic move for me but I reassure myself every day that it is better to try something new, no matter how frightening, than just to surrender to my own fears and mediocrity. 

When the idea of leaving Switzerland hit me, Sydney was the first, and really, the only place I considered. It's one of the coolest cities in Oz (I have not yet been to Melbourne... But hey, it will only be a short trip away...HA.)! 
Here are some photos Shannon & I took on my last trip to Sydney in spring 2010 (my hair was short & blonde!). Oh if I'd known then...












...

So it’s my guess that the coming year 2011 will be full of new adventures, people and challenges for me. And as departures always do, come spring, it will also hold some painful good-byes when leaving loved ones so very far behind. But I know, and I know they know, it's all for the best because love & friendship will endure even oceans that separate us...(not to mention that it gives everybody an excellent excuse to come & visit! YAY!) 

As for this blog: Oh I have BIG plans! In a creative way. I have lots of ideas and I'm sure a ton of inspiration will be coming my way very soon. I am very eager to just go with the flow and see where it all will take me (& little home.town.treasure)! 

So much for now.. 

much love, 



  

    

Anonymous –   – (January 13, 2011 at 6:00 AM)  

Dear Tara

Live your dream. Love your blog...so much to love about it....especially your photography and the music-mix. You express yourself very well. A HometownTreasure who will be welcomed "down under".

Tara Dale / home.town.treasure.  – (January 17, 2011 at 4:41 AM)  

Hello dear you!
Unfortunately I don't know your name or who you are.. :).
But thank you so very much for those kind words!
Your support means very much to me! And I'm very very happy if you enjoy my blog!

all the best,
x
Td.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All the images I feature here belong to home.town.treasure unless otherwise stated.
Please inform me if you wish to use them.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP