Powered by Blogger.

Photography: Vivian Maier.

Hello all,

So here's an extraordinary story for you to start the New Year with. It's about an inconspicuous nanny, Vivian Maier,  who lived & worked in NYC and Paris. But what nobody anticipated at the time was that she was an amazingly talented (street) photographer. I came across her story via the lovely blog Diana Mini LOVE. And I was taken aback by her beautiful work.



Here's the complete & astonishing story...











...



Apart from being massively impressed by the photographs which portrait the street life of her time in such an honest, powerful and yet delicate way, I was just overwhelmed by the AMOUNT of photographs / negatives she produced. Can you believe it? And all those undeveloped rolls of film....!? Well, If that doesn't turn out to be a "gold mine”, as they suggest in the documentary, I would be greatly amazed. And disappointed. I would visit an exhibition of her work any day! 




You can find more information & photographs on her website or blog

much love, 
Td. 





Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All the images I feature here belong to home.town.treasure unless otherwise stated.
Please inform me if you wish to use them.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP